Most of the times it do happen that you are not able to receive emails in the Hotmail outlook or account. So here we are for your help to make you learn that how you can troubleshoot the problem of not receiving the emails in the Hotmail outlook or account! Before you start off with the troubleshooting you need to make sure that you are connected with the internet.
Method No 1: Steps for Not Receiving emails in Hotmail Outlook or Account by Starting new Profile:
- In the first step of this method, you will be opening the Mail Setup dialog box.
- You have to click start and then click run and then type Control in the Open box, and then click OK.
- On the basis of the version you are running on your computer, you will click User Accounts, and then click Mail. This is for the Windows VISTA version for the category view.
- If you are not the part of category view then you will double-click Mail.
- For the Windows Vista you will click User accounts, and then make the click at Mail. This will open up the mail set up dialog box for you.
- Now click on the option “show profiles”.
- In the next step you have to click the add button in order to start the New Profile wizard.
- In the section of Profile Name box, type Test, and then make the click OK to name the new e-mail profile.
Method No 2: Steps for Not Receiving emails in Hotmail Outlook or Account by setting TCP/IP as the default protocol:
In some of the conditions, setting up the new profile will not be resolving your problem at all. So TCP/IP might not be set as being your default Internet protocol. You have to follow the below mentioned steps to set TCP/IP as your default protocol to connect to the Internet:
- In the starting just open the network connection properties dialog box.
- On the basis of the version you are running on your computer, you will do for click and then click the “run option for the Windows XP or Windows 2000.
- For the Windows Vista you have to click Start-windows icon.
- Now you have to Type ncpa.cpl and then press Enter in terms to open the Network Connections window.
- Now you have to right-click your connection to the Internet, and then make the click to the Properties.
- In the next step you have to make sure that the connection uses TCP/IP. On the General Tab section, you will make sure that you did selected the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box. If it is not then you will make the click to select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box.
- Now in the end click OK.
- You have to click Yes if in case you are prompted to restart your computer.
So if you are not able to receive the emails in hotmail outlook or in account, then without any second delay follow up with these methods right now!