If you are reading this article, you might want to export your contacts to another program or service from your Hotmail account. In order to achieve your aim, you will have to export your contacts in a universally compatible format that can be used on every email platform or service.
But consider the case what if you want to switch your account or you want to import your contacts into another account as well. Well, you will not have to enter your contacts manually to the other accounts. Hotmail provides you with the option to export your contacts so that you can use them whenever you need. You can export these contacts on your computer so that they can then be imported later on.
You can use these contacts locally or you can even synchronize those contacts with your handheld devices as well. These devices can be either iPad, iPhone or any other mobile or tablet device. Some users even prefer to save this file to have a backup of their contacts in case they lose all of their contacts.
You can even add your Hotmail account to your mobile device if you want to avoid the process of importing and exporting contacts from your laptop. In this article, we will guide you step by step that how you can export contacts from your Hotmail account and keep a backup on your computer.
How You Can Export Your Hotmail Contacts
Here is how you can export your contacts from the Hotmail account.
- You simply need to contact the navigation bar that is available at the top of your screen.
- Then you need to click Print View.
- Now you have to highlight all the contents of the table with the mouse button.
- Now you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C or Command+C if you want to copy the contents of the table.
- At this point, you have to create a new spreadsheet document in excel.
- Now you need to navigate to Edit menu and select Paste.
- At this step, you will have to look for any empty rows in the Email column by using the sort by column technique.
- All white-space characters will be removed from the Email column. You can do that by right-clicking in the mail field and click Column >> Trim from the available menu.
- Finally, click the File menu and choose Save As because you must save the file after it has been edited.
- The proper format to save the file will be the CSV or the Text CSV.
Congratulations your Hotmail contacts have been exported now to your desired format. CSV is one of the most popular file formats that are used to backup or save your contacts on your disk. Special tools are used to import the CSV file on your Smartphone, Samsung Kites is one of them as it can be used to contact files to any other format.