Your email should not be based on pure text, you can attach anything to your Windows Live Hotmail email. Hotmail provides you with the feature to attach any kind of file format to your email including Word files, photos, zip files, Excel spreadsheet documents or any other file on your computer system.
We send and receive hundreds of emails every day and out of these hundreds of emails, most of them need an attachment. This file can either be images, documents and spreadsheets. You can easily send a copy of a file that is stored on your disk to anyone. If you are reading this article, you might want to know that how you can attach a file with an email.
Hotmail allows its users to attach a file of maximum 34 MB. While the larger files can be sent as an attachment via OneDrive. If you are working with someone in collaboration, you can simply put that file on a cloud storage and share its link. That can save you from emailing the same file to one another after each edit. You can use the following online storage services to attach your files: Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Facebook.
In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step how you can attach a file with your email.
How You Can Attach A File In Hotmail
Here is how you can attach a file to an email in your Hotmail account.
- While composing a message you simply need to navigate to your message toolbar and click the Attachment option that is available under the insert option.
- Now a Dialogue Box will appear. Now you have to select all the files that you want to attach with the email. You can use the Ctrl key to select multiple files.
- Depending on your Browser just click the Open or Choose Button.
- After that now you will have to wait for the file so that it is uploaded completely.
- Your file will now appear as an attachment to your email.
- Now you can edit your message and send it to whom you want it to receive.
Now you are done! You have successfully attached your files to your email that can be sent to anyone later on.
You should clearly mention in your email regarding the attached file so that it should not be overlooked by the receiver. You can provide the following information regarding the file, its name, size and what the file contains that will enable the user to look for the file in your email.
Providing information is also necessary because of the fact that sometimes when you are sending the file to an unknown person and the receiver might think that you are trying to infect their system by sending some malicious content. Knowing about the file will make them feel safe about the file that you have attached so that he can open it without any hesitation.